Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Homemade Baby Food-Squash

Today I am tying up some loose ends of some things I had taken pictures of to share on here.  I have since retired the Baby Bullet, as Blair is eating more and more real food, but I may keep it handy to puree some stuff that it too hard for her to eat just yet.

Today's feast is Butternut Squash!


1.  Buy a butternut squash, here's what it looks like.

2.  Cut it in half length-wise and scoop out the seeds.  I didn't take a picture of that.

3.  Put it in 9x13 glass pan with a little bit of water.  Put it "meat" side down.  (I had to cut one half in half to get it to fit in the pan.)  

 4.  Bake it at 350 for about 30 minutes to an hour, until it looks like this.

5.  Flip them over, scoop out the insides, and toss it in the Baby Bullet.

6.  Freeze and store.  This makes a TON!

No comments:

Post a Comment