Thursday, July 17, 2014

DIY Tablecloth Fringe Banner

Today I thought we'd do a little crafting.

I made this fringe banner for Blair's birthday out of a vinyl tablecloth.

Here are the supplies you need.  I used two tablecloths to make 4 rows of fringe.  One tablecloth makes 2 rows.  Don't you love my Christmas wrapping paper scissors.

Here's the size.  I think I got this at Wal-Mart for like $1.99.

Open it up and cut along the center seam.  My scissors are showing the center.

It'll look like this, minus the cat probably.

Fold each half in half (hot dog style).  There was already a seam to follow.

Fold each in half (hamburger style)

Then fold in half again.

And again.

Put the seam at the top and cut from the open end to about an inch or two to the top.

It'll look like this when you're finished.

Then, just unfold it and you'll have a row of fringe.  There will be a seam across the top, so it's 2 layers of fringe.  Each table cloth makes 2 rows.

2 comments: