Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Weekend Recap

What a great LONG weekend!

Friday after school, I did my Walmart run.  Always a good time.  Matt picked up dinner and we had a fun night at home.

Saturday morning, I ran in the morning and it was hot, hot, hot and humid!  Then, my mother-in-law and I started a repaint-the-house-shutters project.  She taught me how to use the drill thingy to unscrew them.  Then, we cleaned them off and set them out to dry.  We made a few trips around town to pick out the right color spray paint.  I painted them in the afternoon and set them out to dry.    Saturday night we went to Matt's parents for a Memorial Day cookout.  It was great to see his family and have some great food.  Blair was All-American in her Wranglers and leg warmers.

Sunday morning, we headed out to church.  Then, I hung the shutters back up in the afternoon.  They look great!  I wish I had a before and after to show you.  We decided it would be fun to go swimming in the afternoon.  It was a workout getting baby ready for a 30 minute swim, but she loved it.  Matt made dinner and it was great.
1st swim

Monday, we went to my parents for lunch with my family.  We had BBQ and it was great!  It popped up heavy rain off and on, but we were able to spend some time outside.  Blair took a monster nap in the morning, then one at my parents for an hour, and then when we got home, she acted sleepy again.  I put her down and she surprisingly slept again until 5:30.  We actually all took a nice nap!  I was worried she wouldn't be sleepy at bedtime, but she went straight down after her bath.
We like any excuse to dress festive!
All in all, it was a great long weekend!  Four more days until summer vacation!

P.S.  Saturday was my brother-in-law's birthday and Sunday was my sisters!  We weren't together to celebrate, but we will see each other soon!  Happy Birthday to them!






No comments:

Post a Comment