Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Famous Cookies

So, I make cookies pretty much every time I have a function to go to.  This all started with my mom.  She made cookies and somehow they got famous around my parent's circle of friends.  Then, when I got old enough, I made them and people still thought they tasted amazing.  People are always asking our secret and I think I am prepared to show you today.  This is big, really, really big!

Wait for it.....

1.  Buy a bag that looks like this.

2.  Turn it over.

3.  Follow that recipe.  It's not a secret at all.  However, some people swear they have followed the recipe exactly and they just don't taste the same.  I think it's just that everything tastes better when someone else makes it, but here's the recipe just in case.

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups (12 oz  package)

Directions:

1.  Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.

2.  Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy.  Here's maybe the one secret.  BUTTER FLAVORED CRISCO!  I'll put an extra large picture because it's that important.



3.  Add egg, one at a time, beating well after each.

4.   Gradually beat in flour mixture.

5.  Stir in morsels.  I put the whole bag in, minus the handful I eat.

6.  Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.



7.  Bake for 9-11 minutes at 350 degrees.  I usually do 10 minutes, give or take.

8.  Eat and enjoy!!









No comments:

Post a Comment