Thursday, May 15, 2014

Baby Broccoli

When Blair was born, I decided to make her baby food.  I'm not super healthy or anything ( I try to be) but I figured it couldn't be that hard.  Plus, I liked the idea of knowing what exactly she was eating (all this processed foods and hormones worry me) and it would save money too!  It ended up not being hard at all and at 6 months, I started making all her solid foods.  At 10 months, she is still eating the purees I make, but we have added in some finger foods and she generally has what we have for dinner.

Blair goes to my mom and my mother-in-law for the day while I am at work, I pop the frozen purees for the day in the fridge the night before and they are ready to go in the morning.

Here's my totally complicated (ha, crazy easy) broccoli recipe (if you can even call it a recipe).

1.  Buy broccoli.

2.  Give that broccoli a bath.

3.  I don't have a steamer basket, so I just put a little water in a pot, add the broccoli, and cover it.  I put it on low-medium heat for about 30 minutes or longer, depending on when I remember to go check it.

4.  Once it's soft, I put it in my Baby Bullet.  If you don't have one, you can totally do the same thing with a regular Bullet, blender, or food processor.


5.  Blend that broccoli.

6.  Put in trays and freeze.

7.  Pop out of tray, thaw, and serve.

8.  The Baby Bullet also comes with these containers that you can serve the food out of.  
Blair's showing you her empty container.  She's in the clean plate club.  She was too cool to look at mommy though.


Blair likes broccoli with any other veggies (carrots, sweet potatoes, squash) or by itself.

This much broccoli made seven 2 oz servings, so 14 oz. total.
So cheap, so easy, so good (if you're a baby, I, on the other hand, hate broccoli.)








No comments:

Post a Comment