Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Chicken Spinach Enchiladas

Ok guys, here's another crazy easy, delish, chicken recipe.  Once again, I took this recipe from 
Mix and Match Mama's blog.  I seriously get most my recipes from her.  They're not crazy complicated, but super delicious.


They were so good, I forgot to take a picture until after we had dug into them.

Ingredients:
6 flour tortillas 
1 pound chicken (I used 1/2 a rotesserie)
1 box frozen spinach (thawed and excess water squeezed out)
1 can cream of  chicken soup
green onions
1 cup tomatillo (green salsa)
1 cup shredded cheese

Directions:
1.  Preheat to 350 degrees.
2.  Spray 8 x8 pan with Pam.
3.  Shred chicken.
4.  Mix together chicken, spinach, cream of chicken, green onions (I just threw in a handful), and 1/2 cup tomatillo sauce.  

*Funny thing about the tomatillo sauce, I had no idea what this was.  I found it, but it was called green salsa.  I am a big chicken when it comes to salsa and all things spicy.  Tomatoes also give me crazy canker sores.  But, I have fallen in love with this stuff.  It's not spicy at all.  Where has this been all my life?!

5.  Spoon mixture into tortilla. Wrap and place seam side down in pan. 

*The recipe could have made 6, I overstuffed and only made 5, but they were busting at the seams after they cooked, so next time I'll probably make 6.

6.  Pour remaining 1/2 cup of that delish green salsa on top and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
7.  Bake for 30 minutes.

Make these tonight, they are SOOO good.  
I actually whipped them up the night before, so I just had to pop them in the oven the next night. 
Husband thought these would also be great with queso on top, but what wouldn't be great with queso on top?

Thanks for coming by!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment