Thursday, August 28, 2014

Birthday Boy

On Monday, my main squeeze turned the big 3-0.
I've been 30 since April, so I am always happy when we are back to the same age.
However, all of our major life events have happened (and been documented) when I was a year older than him.  By major, I mean 2.
1.  When we got married, I was 26 and he was 25.  Right there in black and white forever on our marriage license.
2.  When Blair was born, I was 29, he was 28.  Again on her birth certificate.
I will go down in history as the older woman.

We celebrated his birthday the weekend before with dinner at his parents, then dinner the next night with my family.
On his actual birthday, we went to work (thrilling), I made him his favorite Canadian bacon/pineapple pizza, and he had a softball game.  It was at 8:15 and Blair was (supposed) to be asleep by then, so my mom came over, so I could go cheer him on.  It was a fun night together.

I don't talk about him too much on here, but he really is the rock I lean on.  (Do you lean on rocks?  You know what I mean.)  He keeps me together when sometimes I may fall apart.  He makes me laugh, mostly at the silly things he says.  I knew on our first date, that I wanted to marry him.  I wasn't sure if he felt the same way, but I sure hoped he did.  It was the first time that I had really felt like I met someone that I could be with 24/7.  We can talk for hours (we used to on the phone when we were long-distance) or just hang out and be perfectly happy.  Matt really respects me and everything I have to say and everything I do.  I love that and truly feel like we are best friends....forever.  I can't imagine life without him.  He's the best daddy to Blair.  She adores him and he can get the best giggles out of her.  I'm so, so happy that he's mine....and that he was born 30 years ago.

I picked some pictures that just made me snicker or smile or remember...or just when I close my eyes and picture Matt, these are what I see.










No comments:

Post a Comment