Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Back to the Grind

Well since I started back to work this week, we have fallen into our routine pretty easy, except I have only had to be there at 8:00 instead of the usual 7:30, so it's been a nice ease into things.

Our meetings start Monday, so all classroom teachers report Monday and kids start Wednesday.  My contract is just longer, so I work a week before teachers and a week after them in the summer.  I have just been getting everything set up at both schools after the cleaning crews came this summer.  I have also been getting the new batch of kids in our circulation program and working on getting our books ready for our updated Accellerated Reader program.

Basically, just doin' my job.

Blair's been getting up about 7:00, so I have been able to feed her breakfast and spend some time together in the morning.

Monday night, my friend Nellie came over to take Blair's 1 year pictures.  She sent me these teasers and I am obsessed.  I can't wait to see the rest.



Tuesday was election day and we were on pins and needles waiting to find out if our good friend, Joe Hensley, was going to be elected judge.  He, and his family, had campaigned so hard and their hard work paid off!  We had gone to parties, worn our t-shirts, drove around with a magnet on our car because we knew he was the best candidate.  We are so excited for Joe!

Wednesday night, was quiet and typical.  

Nothing too exciting to report on, but that's kind of how I like it.  
I like the simple life.

No comments:

Post a Comment