Friday, June 13, 2014

Father's Day

In honor of Father's Day this weekend, I thought I'd highlight the most important dads in my life.


I'd have to say it's these two.  My dad and my husband.

I have been blessed with a great dad who has showered me with love.  He has always taken care of his family and taken care of all those "manly" things for us girls.  Growing up, I always loved spending time with my dad at the airport.  He has his pilot's license and has had airplanes in the past.  I would go with him and "help" as he tinkered away.  Looking back, I was probably a little in the way or talking non-stop, but I loved spending that time with him.  Plus, it was pretty cool to get to go flying with my dad.

My dad likes to do pretty adventurous things and I guess you could call him a gear head (but a computer-programing techie by day) Other than flying, he has a motorcycle.
I like my mom pushing his head forward.  Safety first!

He also has driven a race car.


He's a great dad and I am lucky he's mine.  I look like him, more than my mom, especially in our baby pictures.








 He's also a great grandpa to Miss Blair.

Now on to my sweet husband who is celebrating his first Father's Day this year.

He's most happy outside in wide, open spaces.  His heart is at peace when he is taking in God's beauty of wilderness and wildlife


        

 He's the best dad and he's a pro at getting lots of giggles out of Miss Blair.  She lights up when daddy gets home and gives him lots of waves when he leaves.  I love him to the moon and back.  He's my best friend and he loves me just the way I am.  Seeing him become a dad has proven even more to me that he is an amazing man.  He works so hard to make a comfortable life for us and would do anything for "his girls".

I also had to include my sweet grandpa.  He's the only living grandparent between Matt and I, so we cherish having him with us.  Here he is with all his girls.  Bless his hear, he's surrounded.  He had 2 girls, my mom and my aunt.  They both had two girls, my sister, my two cousins, and I.  My cousin had a girl, my sister had a girl, and 9 days later, I had a girl.  We don't do boys in my family.


Here is my husband and his daddio too.  He's relishing in his new role of grandpa and is a perfect example of what a dad should be.





No comments:

Post a Comment