Thursday, September 11, 2014

DIY Covered Box

So a few weeks ago, I decided I needed to spruce up the shelf above our washer and dryer.  
I thought about adding another shelf, but decided it would be too high.
I thought about stringing a curtain type thing, but wasn't sure how that would work.
So, I took 4 empty copy paper boxes from school and created these.
        

Here's what I started with.  I ran out of contact paper and of course, Walmart only had one roll of that pattern, so I ended up with a coordinating solid color.  I also added some stick on little chalkboards to write what's inside.

 1.  I started on one long side and opened a little of the paper at a time.

2.  Then, I rotated the box around.

3.  Turned it again.

4.  And again.

 5.  And again, until I reached the starting point.

6.  Then, I cut little slits in the corner of the contact paper and stuck it down inside.  For the bottom, I just wrapped it like a present.


7.  Then, I did the lid and viola.  Cheap, storage.

1 comment: